Kindergarten – Forces and Motion: In Science, the kindergarteners are learning about what forces make things move. They are talking about friction, height, surfaces, movement, light/heavy, gravity, etc. They are building ramps, using materials and creating experiments to prove their theories around what, how and why objects move. They are all going bowling next week and to New York Hall of Science at the end of the month to further this learning experience.
First Grade – Communities: First grade is discovering what components make up a community. They are thinking deeply about “wants” and “needs” specifically, why certain businesses are crucial (like grocery stores and schools) and why other businesses (such as nail salons and parks) are also important but in a different way. Each class will go on community walks and also create their own community within their rooms.
First Grade is also engaged in a Fairytale unit. They will be going to a puppet show (of Jack and the Beanstalk) next week and see the new movie: Cinderella
Second Grade – Second grade are all learning what it means to be a scientist while creating experiments and writing lab reports in a second unit of Forces and Motion. This standard gets more involved in second grade than when they were in Kindergarten. They will also be visiting the New York Hall of Science at the end of the month.
- TOWN HALL CAMPUS MEETING – March 18th (9:00 am and 6:00pm) there will be a campus meeting where all 3 schools will talk about safety measures. All parents will be invited.
- This month we are focusing on what it means to be TRUSTWORTHY – We are talking about what it means and how important it is to be an honest person.
- We have also initiated a MEAN FREE ZONE – Students will be involved in helping others be kind to one another and making sure this MEAN-FREE message is established every day and all throughout each day.
- Parent/Teacher conferences – March 19th 12:30-2:30 and again at 5:30 – 8:00 – all parents will be asked to fill out the school survey during this time. PTA will organize a bake sale as well.
- Math March Madness (parents come in and learn how the children are learning math by “playing” common core math games (March 24th – 3:30-4:30)